Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (Sep. 2013 - Sep. 2017), University of Westminster, London, UK.
- Carry out Ph.D. research under direct supervision of Prof. Thierry Chaussalet in Operational Research and Intelligence Systems group. The focus of this study is on using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques in healthcare modelling.
- Thesis: Predictive Risk Modelling of Hospital Emergency Readmission, and Temporal Comorbidity Index Modelling Using Machine Learning Methods.
- M.Sc. (Honours) in Operational Research (2:1) (Sep. 2009 - Oct. 2010), University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.
- Key areas of interest: Stochastic & Deterministic OR Methods, Simulation Modelling, Mathematical Modelling, Data Mining/Analysis & Revenue Management.
- Dissertation: Modelling and Programming a Vehicle Route Linking and Scheduling Problem (Logical Transport Ltd).
- Major Projects:
- Applicable Revenue Management for P&O Ferries Case Study
- Integer Linear Programming in Mining Strategy
- Quantity of the Scientific Publications vs. Citation
- Analysis and Forecasting of Basic Environmental Indicators
- Current Trends in IT
- Ship Rendezvous Problem in VBA
- Healthcare Modelling
- PG Cert. in Software Engineering (Sep. 2008 - Jun. 2009), University of Southampton, Southampton, UK.
- Key areas of interest: Intelligent Algorithms, Software Project Management, Quality Assurance, Formal Design of Systems, Model Checking, Web Development, Database Management, Aspect Oriented Programming & Event-B.
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Computer Engineering (2:1) (Sep. 2004 - Jul. 2008), Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, Cyprus.
- Senior Project: Web-based course scheduler.
- Semester abroad (Fall Semester 2007): Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science, California State University, Long Beach, CA, USA.
- Main Modules Included:
- Pre-University Diploma (Honours) in Physics and Mathematics (Sep. 2002 - Jun. 2003), Fath Pre-University, Tehran, Iran.
- Data Scientist (Aug. 2017 – Present), Microlise Ltd., Nottingham, UK.
- Apply computational intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, optimisation and big data analytics techniques.
- Student Assistant (Oct. 2014 – Jul. 2017), University of Westminster, London, UK.
- Part-time Staff: Assist with tutorials and workshops.
- Integrated Care Project: Participating in the development of the next generation of integrated risk stratification model for the NHS in partnership with Docobo Ltd, Horsham and Mid Sussex CCG and Crawley CCG.
- Research Engineer (Sep. 2011 – Sep. 2013), Xyratex, Havant, UK
- Work in a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project between the University of Portsmouth and Xyratex to design and develop mathematical models to perform predictive failure and rectification of predicted faults to enhance the performance of Networked Storage Systems (NSS) and High-Performance Computing (HPC) products.
- System Designer (Feb. 2011 – Aug. 2011), Vienna University of Medical Sciences, Austria, UK.
- Carry out a joint project with a Ph.D. candidate in School of Medical Sciences at the University of Vienna to design and develop a parallel statistical package in C++.
- Web Developer (Oct. 2010 – Nov. 2010), Self-Employed, Southampton, UK.
- Design and develop a web-based system.
- Industry-based MS.c. project (Jun. 2010 – Oct. 2010), The Logical Transport, Southampton, UK.
- Modelling and Programming a Vehicle Route Linking and Scheduling Problem (Logical Transport Ltd).
- Network Administrator Intern (Dec. 2007 – Feb. 2008), Azmoon Asa Parse Inspection co, Tehran, Iran.
- Assist the Administrator in intranet administration and maintenance, installation, support and training of software packages, intranet security monitoring and reporting.
- Student Assistant (Feb. 2007 – Jun. 2007), Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, Cyprus.
- Part-time Staff: Provide assistance in computer labs, and assist in organising the International Conference on Security of Information and Networks (SIN 2007)
- ASP.NET MVC 4 & JQuery, PluralSight (Dec. 2018);
- Professional Kafka Development, Big Data Institute (Sep. 2018) by Jesse Anderson;
- Artificial Intelligence (Nanodegree), Udacity (Aug. 2018) by Peter Norvig, Sebastian Thrun & Thad Starner;
- Tableau - Desktop III Advanced, Tableau (Feb. 2018);
- C# (Fundamentals, Defensive Coding, & Best Practices), Pluralsight (Jan. 2018);
- Cloudera Data Analyst, Cloudera University (Oct. 2017);
- Machine Learning, Coursera (Apr. 2016), by Prof. Andrew Ng at Stanford University;
- Combinatorial Optimisation, NATCOR (Sep. 2015);
- Heuristics & Approximation Algorithms, NATCOR (Apr. 2014);
- Agile Project Management Using Scrum, Learning Tree (Apr. 2013);
- Data Mining Techniques, Lancaster University (Feb. 2013);
- Apache Hadoop Developer, Cloudera (Dec. 2012);
- C++ Best Practices and Design Patterns, Learning Tree (Nov. 2012);
- Software Engineering, Learning Tree (Jul. 2012);
- Negotiation Skills, ARM (Apr. 2012);
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 in Management, Ashorne Hill (Mar. 2012);
- English for Academic Study (EAS) Certificate, University of Southampton (Sep. 2008).